Undergraduate Mandatory Advising Holds
The College of Engineering has mandatory advising holds for all undergraduate engineering students. As an EBS major you must meet these advising requirements once a year, during a specific quarter, which is determined by the first letter of your last name. Failure to release your hold by the deadline will result in the inability to make any changes to your schedule.
- A-G: Fall Quarter Hold
Deadline: December 15
- H – N: Winter Quarter Hold
Deadline: March 15
- O – Z: Spring Quarter Hold
Deadline: September 15
How to release your hold
To remove the hold, you must:
- Go to students.ucdavis.edu and then click Forms & Petitions > Submit a New Form > Academic Plan > Save as draft
- Make a three quarter academic plan
- Make an appointment with the undergraduate program advisor
- Make an appointment with your assigned faculty advisor
If you plan to change your major:
- If you plan to change to another major within the College of Engineering, please meet with the advisor from your intended major to clear your hold.
- If you plan to change to a major outside of the College of Engineering, please bring an academic plan approved by an advisor from your intended major to the EBS undergraduate advisor to clear your hold.