To schedule an appointment, please go to Advising Appointments and select Biological Systems Engineering from Offices by College/Major/Minor or Biological and Agricultural Engineering from All Offices.
The undergraduate and graduate program advisor is also available for drop-in appointments.
Monday and Thursday: 9:00-10:00am
Undergraduate and Graduate Program Coordinator
Associate Professor and Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
Biological Systems Engineering Peer Advisor
Trung is a 3rd year BSE major and is happy to meet his peers and help them achieve their academic goals.
You should see Trung if you have questions like…
- What courses should I take next quarter?
- What do you do in ENG 103? What is it about?
- What GEs are fun?
- Where can I go to get help with MAT 22B?
Trung's drop in hours are Tuesday and Thursday 1:15-4:45p and Friday 3:15-4:45pm.
Trung is located in 2030 Bainer Hall.
College of Engineering Advising Resources
In addition to the advising resources available in the department, the College of Engineering Undergraduate Office in 1050 Kemper Hall also has staff advisors available.
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00a – 12:00p & 1:00p - 4:00p
- Friday: 9:00a – 12:00p
Find help with any of the following:
- Degree checks and certification
- Academic standing
- Options for managing academic difficulty
- Dismissal appeals
- Transfer evaluation, credit, course equivalencies
- Minimum progress
- Concurrent/Simultaneous enrollment
- Pre-graduate Advising
- Chevron Tutoring Program: MAE department, and they cover ENG 102 (Dynamics), ENG 103 (Fluid Mechanics), ENG 105 (Thermodynamics), and EME 106 (Thermo-Fluid Dynamics)
- Student Academic Success Center: UC Davis, and they cover BIS 101-105, CHE 8 & 118, and other less engineering based subjects
- Computer Science Club: Campus Club, and they hold drop-in hours as well as request via email
- STEM Cafe (formally Math Cafe): Women’s Resources and Research Center (WRRC), and they offer free Math and Chemistry tutoring at both lower and upper division levels
- Calc Room: Math Department, for MAT 16/17 and 21 series and open for most of the afternoon on weekdays.
- Residence Hall Tutoring: Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto; writing, math, and chemistry are typically covered.
- Students Tutoring Students: Free tutoring by UC Davis students, organized through Facebook.
- IEEE: Free tutoring for ENG 17, EEC 100, and EEC 180AB.
- Tau Beta Pi: Engineering student organization, typical courses tutored: ENG 6, ENG 17, ENG 35, ENG 45, BIS 2, CHE 2, MAT 21 & 22,PHY 9ABC