Lauren Lirio Mendoza
Undergraduate and Graduate Program Coordinator
Professor and Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
Undergraduate major advisors are available during drop-in hours and by appointment (see below for availability).
Typical advising hours
- Monday – Tuesday: 1:00 – 3:00PM
- Wednesday – Thursday: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
*For most up-to-date schedule see Appointment System.
Current students may schedule an appointment through the Appointment System (select Biological Systems Engineering Undergraduate Advising). If you are unable to schedule an appointment through this system, please email LLmendoza@ucdavis.edu with your name, ID, availability and reason to meet, and we will find a time to meet.
The College of Engineering Undergraduate Office in 1050 Kemper Hall also has staff advisors available Monday through Thursday 9:00AM to noon and 1:00 to 4:00PM, and Friday 9:00AM to noon to assist with:
- Degree checks and certification
- Academic standing
- Options for managing academic difficulty
- Dismissal appeals
- Transfer evaluation, credit, course equivalencies
- Minimum progress
- Concurrent/Simultaneous enrollment
- Pre-graduate Advising
- Chevron Tutoring Program: MAE department, and they cover ENG 102 (Dynamics), ENG 103 (Fluid Mechanics), ENG 105 (Thermodynamics), and EME 106 (Thermo-Fluid Dynamics)
- Student Academic Success Center: UC Davis, and they cover BIS 101-105, CHE 8 & 118, and other less engineering based subjects
- Computer Science Club: Campus Club, and they hold drop-in hours as well as request via email
- STEM Cafe (formally Math Cafe): Women’s Resources and Research Center (WRRC), and they offer free Math and Chemistry tutoring at both lower and upper division levels
- Calc Room: Math Department, for MAT 16/17 and 21 series and open for most of the afternoon on weekdays.
- Residence Hall Tutoring: Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto; writing, math, and chemistry are typically covered.
- Students Tutoring Students: Free tutoring by UC Davis students, organized through Facebook.
- IEEE: Free tutoring for ENG 17, EEC 100, and EEC 180AB.
- Tau Beta Pi: Engineering student organization, typical courses tutored: ENG 6, ENG 17, ENG 35, ENG 45, BIS 2, CHE 2, MAT 21 & 22,PHY 9ABC