Welcome. The Biological Systems Engineering (GBSE) graduate program at UC Davis provides a setting in which students can become leaders in environmental and agricultural research. We are a highly-ranked program where students develop knowledge through partnerships with faculty, industry and other students in various areas of engineering. Our program values diversity and inclusion as integral components of academic excellence.
Priority deadline and to qualify for student funding: January 5, 2018
Space available deadling: June 1, 2018
1. Begin your Graduate Application
2. Pay the application fee. Note: students who have participated in or are affiliated with certain programs (e.g. CAMP, LSAMP, UC LEADS, McNair Scholars) may be eligible for a fee wavier. See the Grad Studies website for details
3. Send your GRE Scores to UC Davis
4. Upload copies of transcripts from all institutions attended
5. Provide three letters of recommendation
6. If applicable submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Learn more about minimum scores on the International Applicants page.
Admission is competitive. The undergraduate minimum undergraduate GPA is at least 3.0. Your entire application will be evaluated by a committee of faculty in the GBSE program. All components are reviewed in a holistic matter so no single part can guarantee admission or denial into the program.
Incoming class admitted last year:
Average GPA: 3.4
Average GRE scores: 160 quantitative, 152 qualitative, 3.54 analytical writing
Gender: 8 female, 8 male
Residency: 10 domestic, 6 non-CA resident/international
2016: 45 applied, 19 admitted
2015: 71 applied, 12 admitted
2014: 62 applied, 17 admitted
2013: 54 applied, 21 admitted
2012: 96 applied, 16 admitted